We pride ourselves on adapting to each student's individual needs, learning style, and goals. Along with the study of repertoire in a progressive fashion, all students receive a comprehensive musical education including the study of music theory, ear training, and sightreading. Recital, competition, ensemble, and other performance opportunities are available for interested students.
For in-person lessons, the following COVID-19 guidelines are in place (subject to change as the situation warrants):
- Masks covering the nose and mouth are required
- Students showing any sign of illness will not be admitted to the studio
- Only the student will be allowed in the lesson room (the teacher can call parents wishing to listen in via Zoom) and the waiting room is closed
- Students will wash their hands upon entry and before leaving the studio
- Windows will be open as weather allows
- Teachers will sit six feet away, and students will be responsible for marking their own music
- The piano, bench, sink, and door handles will be sanitized between each student (there will be extra time scheduled in between lessons to accommodate this)
- Students must remain in their cars until the teacher opens the door to let you know the room is ready for you
Private piano lessons are available for children and adults, from absolute beginners to advanced musicians. Our studio includes those who are completely new to the piano, those who have completed three years of our Keyboard class and wish to continue their studies, students preparing for college auditions, and adults learning recreationally.
All students must have a piano (acoustic or digital) at home on which they can practice. Lessons are scheduled on an individual basis with the instructor at a mutually convenient time. Piano lessons are taught by Devon Carpenter or Elyssa Carlisle.
Harp lessons are available on both pedal (orchestral) harps and lever (Celtic) harps. Lessons focus on technique and repertoire development, and will also include aspects of music theory, ear training, harp maintenance, sight reading, and music history. It is strongly recommended that students have a basic knowledge of music notation before beginning lessons.
All students must have a harp at home on which they can practice. A limited number of rental harps are available from the studio ($25/month). A one-on-one interview with the instructor will take place prior to the first lesson to assess readiness, goals, and learning style, and to discuss the logistics of acquiring a harp. Harp lessons are taught by Devon Carpenter.
Are you interested in singing classical, broadway, jazz, folk, or pop? Sign up today to start voice lessons! Students will learn a healthy, classical technique, which can be applied to all styles of music and will make them versatile singers. Lessons are available for students age 6 through adults. Lessons are scheduled on an individual basis with the instructor at a mutually convenient time. Voice lessons are taught by Elyssa Carlisle.
FLUTE, OBOE, SAXOPHONE, UKULELE
Private lessons are available to any students - regardless of level! Whether you are just beginning, have a few years experience, or are an older player, you can certainly benefit from taking private lessons. The lessons will include technique, studying repertoire, music theory, ear training, music history, and general musicianship development.
All students must have their own instrument to use. Flute, oboe, saxophone, and ukulele lessons are taught by Bethany Swartz.